You know you need dissection specimens. What you may not know is how you want them prepared. Or packaged. Or injected. You’ve come to the right place. We’re here to bring you the info you need to make the right choice. Keep reading to discover some of the options that may be available to you when ordering.
We offer options for both hands-on dissection and display.
Ward’s Pure Preserved™
- 100% student safe
- Zero formalin odor
- High-quality tissue
- No additional ventilation required
- High-quality tissue
- Lowest possible formaldehyde levels
- Organs and tissues retain natural color
Watch as we put Ward’s Pure Preserved™ to the test against an industry-leading competitor’s specimen using a sensor that detects airborne VOCs.
Specimens are vacuum sealed in heavy-duty laminate bags or packed in a pail for shipping and storage. Although the shelf life of our specimens is indefinite, we recommend purchasing only what is needed for one school year to ensure the best quality.
- Ensures little or no mess when opening
- Easy to dispense to students
- Lower weight means more economical shipping
- Eliminates possibility of dehydrated specimens
- Best for long-term storage
- Can be tightly resealed
Colored latex enables students to easily find and identify features of the circulatory system.
- No colored latex injection
- Arterial system (the part of the circulatory system leading away from the heart) injected with red latex
- Venous system (the part of the circulatory system that returns blood to the heart) injected with blue latex in addition to showing a red arterial system
- Hepatic portal system (a part of the circulatory system that conveys nutrients absorbed through the small intestines to the liver) filled with yellow latex in addition to showing colored arterial and venous systems
Now that you know some of the options available, check out our Preserved Specimen Resources page for dissection tips, FAQ, and more.
The Ward’s Science Plus Us team of scientists and technicians is always ready to answer any questions you have. We can even handle custom sexing, packaging and injection requests. Ask any time at firstname.lastname@example.org.